The NutriMed® Weight Loss Program is a time-tested, well-documented protocol of medically supervised weight loss designed for patients with a BMI over 30 or over 27 with existing comorbidities.
- It is a restricted eating plan used for accelerated weight loss
- Utilizes a wide variety of nutritional supplements to replace grocery food intake for several weeks or months depending on each patient’s goals
- Nutrition, behavior, and exercise re-education are emphasized to reinforce lasting lifestyle changes
- Health benefits typically include a reduction in comorbid conditions such as: lower blood pressure, lower blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetics, lower serum cholesterol, and reduced pain in weight-bearing joints
- Helps maximize surgical outcomes and enhance total wellness by providing nutritional support, exercise modules, and behavior counseling to pre- and post-surgical patients
- Available as a VLCD. Modified VLCD and LCD programs are also offered
Very Low Calorie Diet
A Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) program is a medically supervised, ketogenic weight loss program for patients who are moderately to morbidly obese. Candidates for the program have a BMI over 30 or over 27 with comorbidities, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension and high cholesterol. In general, a VLCD is appropriate for women approximately 40 pounds or more overweight and men approximately 50 pounds or more overweight. Patients experience weight loss of 3-5 lbs per week. Meal replacements are utilized as the sole source of nutrition during active weight loss.
Low Calorie Diet
A Low Calorie Diet (LCD) program is a non-ketogenic program for individuals with less than 40 pounds to lose or for those who are unable to commit to a VLCD program. It is medically supervised or clinician directed. Patients experience weight loss of 2-3 lbs per week. A LCD incorporates grocery foods with meal replacement products or protein supplements.
Customized Weight Loss Programs
Nutritional counseling is offered to patients who wish to lose weight using food they can purchase from the grocery store. Some patients also wish for a custom approach, combining a low calorie diet with dietary recommendations. Dr. Hodges will customize a weight loss solution to meet your weight loss goals and nutritional needs while keeping your taste and preferences in mind. Dr. Hodges is versed in Paleo nutrition and low carbohydrate/ketogenic diets.
**Most patients choose the customized approach
Meal Replacements for Convenience
We live in a society where we are on the go non-stop. Work, meetings, practices, volunteering, errands, appointments! It never ends! When you can’t stop for a healthy meal, consider a quality alternative to the drive-thru, vending machine, or concession stand. Our quality meal replacements provide you with protein to keep hunger at bay until you can (finally!) sit down for a meal. Contact the clinic to inquire about our bars and shakes that are easily transported for those grab-n-go times. Also great for the kiddos!
Certain patients may qualify for follow-ups via online video chat. Technology has allowed us to communicate very effective with patients who don’t necessarily need to physically be in the office. Qualifying for virtual follow-ups depends on a variety of factors: your weight loss plan, your lifestyle, and whether or not you need medication adjustments or refills. This option is only available after your initial consultation in the clinic.
Prescription Weight Loss Medication
There are strict guidelines as to when prescription weight loss medications can be used. Dr. Hodges follows
the guidelines set forth by the Obesity Medicine Association and The Endocrine Society. Based on your BMI and current health issues, a prescription weight loss medication may be indicated.
- Please note – Dr. Hodges will not be able to tell you over the phone whether or not you will qualify for weight loss medications. A full consultation is required.
Interested in providing a healthy alternative at your concession stand? In your vending area? We can help with that! Offer our lower carb, quality protein bar or shake options for your attendees. Contact Dr. Hodges for information and pricing.
Please note that Dr. Hodges does NOT offer the following services:
- General primary care
- Prescriptions for narcotics or antibiotics
- Hormone replacement of any kind